Start off by making this easy homemade tartar sauce and set aside.
Now cook up the fish of your choice. I salt and pepper tilapia fillets and cook them on medium heat in a little olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side.
- 4 cups cabbage copped into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- enough fish fillets to feed your family, I use a half a tilapia fillet per taco
- corn or flour tortillas (6-inch)
- Put the cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro into a large bowl add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir well. Take a taste to see if you need more salt or pepper.
- Lightly salt and pepper the fish and cook on medium heat in a little olive oil for about four minutes on each side. When fish flakes easily with a fork it is done.
- Place a piece of fish on a warm tortilla add ¼ to ½ cup of the cabbage slaw and top it off with some homemade tartar sauce!
I adapted this recipe from MyRecipe.com