This has been my VERY best year for growing tomatoes!! We are still getting an insane amount every day and it’s the end of September. I love how this recipe helps to use some of our abundance of grape tomatoes.
They are so fresh, sweet and absolutely delicious and they make this dish soooo very yummy. I may have even eaten the left overs for breakfast the next morning.
It doesn’t take much time at all to whip up this super tasty dinner. Start by halving 4 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes and putting them in a greased 8″x8″ baking dish. Drizzle a little olive oil on with some salt and pepper, stir that up then poor 1/2 a cup of Italian bread crumbs over the top.
Place the tomatoes in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. While that is in the oven, brown 1 pound of Italian sausage (I used my Italian sausage seasoning recipe) and cook the pasta. Drain the sausage and pasta then put everything into a big serving bowl with 1&1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese. Give it a good stir and taste it to see if it needs more salt or pepper.
I know this isn’t the most eye appealing dish you’ve ever seen, but it makes up for it in taste…..I promise!!
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes - halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 pound of pasta (any kind you like)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1½ cups parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together halved tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper in a greased 8x8" glass baking dish.
- Pour Italian bread crumbs over the top.
- Place in the heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While that is in the oven boil the pasta in salted water until done, and drain.
- Brown the sausage and drain any fat.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, sausage, tomatoes and cheese.
- Give it a taste and add salt or pepper if needed.
- Dinners ready!
You can find a meat free version of this recipe here.
This post was shared at: Clever Chicks Blog Hop –