Every year I try to add at least one gluten free item to my list of Christmas goodies. I have several family members and friends that are on gluten free diets and it can be a hard time of year for them with all the “full of gluten” goodies being passed around. These brownies are wonderfully tasty and simple to make.
Chocolate, coconut and almonds are a few of my favorite things!!
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond pieces
- Mix together the softened butter, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, completely incorporating after each egg.
- Mix in the coconut flour and stir until there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, coconut and almond pieces.
- Pour into a greased 8x8" baking dish and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Coconut flour is a very dense four so that’s why this recipe calls for 6 eggs! With the add ins of almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips along with 6 eggs and coconut flour, these are not the most frugal brownies. If you would like you can leave out the last 3 ingredients and they will still be yummy, gluten free brownies!! (just not almond joy brownies) 😉
This recipe was adapted from this recipe at Heavenly Homemakers.
Here are a few more of my favorite Christmas recipes! Peppermint Crunch Christmas Cookies – Holiday Spritz Cookies – Dipped Pretzels – My Favorite Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies –
This post was shared at: The Weekend Potluck –