These might possibly be my favorite Christmas cookies. They are so DELICIOUS but the best part is the absolutely wonderful aroma that fills my house while they cook. A Christmas candle or Scentsy Pot can’t even touch the Christmasy (is that a word?) smell from these cookies! My sister told me about this recipe a few years back and I have made them every year since.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup sweetened grated coconut
- 1½ cups peppermint crunch baking chips
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, add baking soda, salt and flour. Mix completely.
- Stir in oats, coconut, and peppermint chips.
- Measure 1-2 Tablespoons (depending on how big you want them) of dough and place round balls on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Press lightly on each ball to flatten a little and sprinkle some of the remaining chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 to 15 min.
- This made about 30 cookies.
Note: It is a little tricky to figure out when these are done. I check on them at 10 minutes and don’t take them out until they are a little brown around the edges. After they come out of the oven if you let them rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes they will stiffen up a bit and be much easier to lay on a cooling rack.
This recipe was adapted from tootsie.com. I am in no way being compensated for saying these things about these baking chips, I just think they are delicious and Christmasy!