I needed one more excuse to use my homemade pumpkin puree and homemade pumpkin pie spice mix and this is a GREAT way to use both. I made pumpkin dip last year and followed a recipe with powdered sugar……it was WAY to sweet. So, this year I decided to come up with my own pumpkin dip. I was aiming for rich, creamy and naturally sweetened. It took me a couple tries to perfect it, and I’m excited to shared it with you just in time for Thanksgiving!
Rich, creamy, and sweetened with 100% maple syrup……yummmmm!
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree or one 15 oz. can
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- ½ cup maple syrup
- liquid stevia, powdered sugar (optional)
- Graham crackers and apples for dipping
- Whip together the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl blend together the rest of the ingredients until smooth then fold in the whipped cream.
- Give it a taste, if you think it needs to be sweeter you can add a little more maple syrup or stevia or a little powdered sugar. We usually add about 10 drops of liquid stevia, and that does the trick.