I got this recipe from a cousin at a family reunion several years ago and it has since become my “go to” recipe for potlucks. It is soooo good and very very EASY. Every time I make it at least two people ask me for the recipe. So, for everyone that has asked…..here it is!
You will need corn, green onions (or any kind of onion you prefer), bell peppers of any color, cheddar cheese, mayo, and Chili Cheese Fritos.
In a large bowl combine, corn (drain well), sliced green onions, chopped bell pepper, grated cheddar cheese and mayo.
Stir to combine and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
Just before serving stir in the Chili Cheese Fritos.
I like to serve this at potlucks where it is sure to be eaten in one setting. The chips will get soggy so left overs are not the best. Last night I cut the recipe in half and six of us ate all of it.
- 2-15oz cans of corn- drained or 3 cups of fresh corn
- ½ cup chopped green onions or any onion of your choice
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper of any color
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 heaping cup of mayo
- 1-10oz bag of Chili Cheese Fritos
- Put the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl and stir. Just before serving add the bag of Chili Cheese Fritos and stir well.