We have been getting a few raspberries from our garden, but not enough to make jam for canning or freezing or any thing like that, so the kids and I have been eating them as we pick them. Most of the time they are gone before we leave the garden……..it’s mostly the kids….really! The other day we managed to pick more then we could eat right then, so they came in the house and went into these delicious muffins. We’ve managed to make a couple more batches since then, simply because the kids liked the muffins so much they decided it’s worth taking a bowl to the garden when they go.
Start out by melting the butter, then stir in the sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Measure in the flour and baking powder.
- ⅓ cup butter or coconut oil – melted
- 1 cup sugar – I used organic sugar and only put in ¾ of a cup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk (any kind of milk would work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup flour – I used 1 cup unbleached all purpose and ¾ cup whole wheat
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Melt the butter or coconut oil then stir in the sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Measure in the flour and baking powder – mix well
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 12 yummy muffins!
I substituted some whole wheat flour and reduced the sugar a bit. I wanted a healthier breakfast type muffin. You can adjust it how ever your heart desires!
This recipe was adapted from: Taste Of Home
This post was shared at: Real Food Wednesdays - Make Bake & Create – Down Home Blog Hop – The HomeAcre Hop – Homemaking Party – Thriving Thursdays - Frugal Days Sustainable Ways – Freedom Fridays – Krafty Inspiration Thursday – Creative Wednesdays – what i an eating – From the Farm Blog Hop – The Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop – Weekend Potluck – T.G.I.F. – All My Bloggy Friends – Healthy Tuesday Hop – Tuesday With a Twist – Totally Tasty Tuesdays – The Backyard Farming Connection Hop -